Annual Events of Brisbane Australia
Tourism is important for the economy of every country similarly tourism has important role in the economic strength of Brisbane Australia. It is third most famous destination for tourists in series of Sydney and Melbourne. Brisbane has lots of recreational places such as South Bank Parklands, City Botanic Garden, Brisbane Forest Park etc. There are lots of places that provide you amazing view during annual events therefore tourists head to this area to enjoy annual events of Brisbane Australia. If you are planning to head to this area then it is important to know about cheap flight to Brisbane Australia offered by different airlines. Following are some important events that are specifically attention grabber for tourists:
Famous Annual Events of Brisbane
- Ekka (the Royal Queensland Exhibition) is a cultural event of Brisbane that held in August.
- River Festival held at South Bank Parklands and surrounded areas in the month of September.
- Warana is a former spring festival that was started in 1961 and was held in the month of September each year. This festival is quite similar to Moomba festival of Melbourne.
- 1996 is an important year in which annual festivals were named as biennial Brisbane Festival.
- BIFF (Brisbane International Film Festival) is celebrated in the month of July and August on different places of Brisbane. In this festival, different domestic and international filmmakers are acknowledged with seminars and awards.
- Musgrave Park is the main location for Paniyiri festival that is a Greek cultural festival celebrated during May.
- In the month of June, Brisbane Medieval Fayre and Tournament are organized in Musgrave Park.
- Valley Chamber of commerce organized three day event on annual basis. This festival is launched by Brisbane Marketing in 2002 for the promotion of Fortitude Valley. They promote this place as a hub of arts and culture for youth. People can enjoy free music, food, drinks, market staff and different other entertainments.
- Bridge to Brisbane is a major charity event held annually for a fun run.
- In 1994, The Caxton Street Seafood and Wine Festival were organized by the Caxton Street Development Association for the promotion of this street that is important for music and other important celebrations. The place is significant to promote Australian music, food and wine. People can enjoy live music, food and drink available at different restaurants and cafes. Here the visitors can visit Art Exhibitions and Historical Displays to increase their knowledge.