Landmarks of Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Addis Ababa is an important place that is famous as the center of operations of United Nations Economic Commission for Africa. It is known as a hub of historical places and items as you can find lots of unique and historical preservation’s in the Ethiopian National Museum located in Addis Ababa. This museum has fossilized skeleton and a plaster facsimile of the ancient hominid Lucy. There are lots of historical places in the Addis Ababa therefore some airlines offer Cheap Flights to Addis Ababa from London to save your money. It will be a comfortable experience as you can spend saved money during your travel. You can see lots of landmarks in Addis Ababa to increase your historical knowledge.
- Meskel Square is a distinguished place in the city where yearly Meskel is organized at the end of the September once a year. Thousands of people gather here for the Meskel celebrations.
- Ethiopian National Library, Ethiopian Ethnological Museum, Addis Ababa Museum, Natural History Museum, Ethiopian Railway Museum and National Postal Museum are some notable landmarks of the Addis Ababa.
- St George’s Cathedral also recognized as home to a museum was founded in 1896 is a prominent structure of Addis Ababa.
- Holy Trinity Cathedral is a burial place of Emperor Haile Selassie, imperial family and fighters of Italians who died during war.
- Jubilee Palace is an old Imperial Palace of Menelik that remains bureaucrat bench of administration and the National Palace previously. It was built to mark monarch Haile Selassie’s Silver Jubilee in 1955.
- Africa Hall is positioned across Menelik II Avenue from this fortress and is where the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa is headquartered in Ethiopia.
- Hager Fikir Theatre is one of the oldest theaters of Ethiopia that is situated in the Piazza district.
- Art Deco legislature structure is located near Holy Trinity minster and this structure was built during the sovereignty of Emperor Haile Selassie with its clock tower and it persists to give out as the seat of legislature today.
- Shengo Hall is constructed by the Derg authority of Mengistu Haile Mariam as a new legislature hall. It is known as major made-up building that was built in Finland before being accumulated in Addis Ababa. It is famous hall for large meetings and conventions.
- Mercato district is the major open marketplace in the Africa where you can visit The Grand Anwar Mosque. It is the main mosque in Ethiopia that was constructed through Italian occupied time.
It is just an overview, but the Addis Ababa is rich of interesting and historical places for the tourists so do not forget to take the benefits of Cheap Flights to Addis Ababa.